Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Sweetness of Doing Nothing: Renewal

I am an avid list maker.  I make lists for practically everything I do.  I started this behavior years ago when I felt overwhelmed by so many responsibilities.  With working full time, going to school and taking care of two small children I would constantly forget things and felt as though I weren’t accomplishing much.  By taking ten minutes each evening to make a list of all the things I needed to do for the next day, I found list making to be my saving grace.  I also realized that by having a list and being able to cross things off as I completed them proved that I really was getting a lot done!  Even if I didn’t complete everything, having items marked off on the list gave me a sense of accomplishment.

Today I chose to make a different list.  Instead of charting an abundance of tasks like picking up dry cleaning, grocery shopping or paying bills, I list the things that I want to do for myself; for relaxation and renewal.   I encourage you to take time out for yourself.  Replenish your heart and soul and renew you mind.  Namaste~
Dar’s Renew Day List:
ü  Sip tea while enjoying nature:  Watch the breeze blow through the trees; listen to the birds, breath fresh air.

ü  Meditate:  Quit moments of listening to the sounds of my breath. Clear my mind of all thoughts.  Be still.

ü  Find a nice little bistro with outdoor seating to have lunch.  Try something different on the menu.

ü  Write a hand written note or letter to someone.  Send a get-well or encouragement card to someone in need. Reconnect with a friend or loved ones far away.

ü  Explore a thrift store.  Look for hidden treasures.

ü  Find a new nail polish (a color I wouldn’t normally choose) paint my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment