Friday, August 12, 2011

Detox Update: Taking the responsibility of my health into my own hands


The detoxification that I started along with this blog lasted 5 days. This was an eye opening experience for me. My detox consisted of daily juicing of fruits and vegetables and one full meal per day of salad with veggies and a protein of either nuts, chicken breast or a boiled egg.

My quest to detox was inspired by a documentary I watched through ‘Netflix instant view’ entitled: “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.” By Joe Cross.


The film follows Joe, who is from Australia as he travels across America exploring why obesity in the United States has become an epidemic. The main message that I got from the film was how Joe Cross was able to heal his body from disease and be weaned off his medicines by changing his diet to mainly fruits, vegetables, and beans, along with exercise.

As I began my detox I found that the first day was surprisingly easy. However, as the week progressed, I began to experiencing positive and negative side effects. On one hand my thinking was clearer and I felt calmer and lighter as my stomach began to flatten as the waste left my body. But there was also a few days where I had headaches, blemishes on my face and a feelings of lethargy where I could do no more than go from the bed to the sofa to lie down.

All in all, after a week of detoxing, my energy level is up, my appetite is down and the nagging ache that I had in my left knee has vanished. I am planning on doing a reboot detoxification next month as a part of my new regiment.

NOTE: it is stressed through this documentary that you seek the advice of your physician before starting any detoxification, fasting or weight loss program.

Dar~

No comments:

Post a Comment