Saturday, August 6, 2011

Don’t Forget to Breathe

The process of inhaling (taking in life sustaining oxygen) and exhaling (releasing toxins) is meant to be a subconscious act. Yet for me, lately, it’s something that I must remind myself to do--I’ve been holding my breath.

Now the interesting thing about this is that some people hold their breath after inhaling, which psychologists say means you are suppressing or holding on to some "issue" that you're unable to release. And if you exhale and then hold your breath this means that there is some issue or situation you’re afraid to face.

For me…I hold my breath after inhaling, yet have occasionally held it upon exhalation as well.  So, what does that mean?

Why am I subconsciously holding my breath and going against my body’s natural process? I may not know the answer to this question right now, but my plan is to write it out until I’ve figured it out. So I will use this space to explore my thoughts, my life, my behaviors in hopes of shedding some light on what I may be holding on to or apprehensive about releasing. Either way, it’s sure to garner some interesting posts. Enjoy!

Namaste’

Dar~

No comments:

Post a Comment